9th Workshop on Programming Languages and Operating Systems (PLOS 2017)
In conjuction with the
26th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '17)
Historically, OS development and programming language development went hand-in-hand. Although C is the workhorse language of the systems community today, novel approaches to OS construction based on new programming language ideas continue to be an active and important area of research. The connection between OS development and programming languages is both significant and current.
The goal of the PLOS workshop series is to bring together researchers and developers from the programming languages (PL) and the operating systems (OS) domains to discuss recent work at the intersection of these fields. PLOS is a platform for discussing visions, challenges, experiences, problems, and solutions arising from the application of advanced programming and software engineering concepts to operating systems construction, and vice versa.
Workshop ProgramWe have an exciting program listed here.
Venue and Registration
We are co-located with SOSP, with the registraion also handled via SOSP registration.
We will be at room Qingdao of Pudong Shangri-La Hotel.
- Oct 11, 2017
- Workshop schedule is online.
- Sep 26, 2017
- Abstract for the keynote is available on the program page.
- Sep 18, 2017
- Prof. Xinyu Feng (University of Science and Technology of China, School of Computer Science and Technology, Suzhou, China) has agreed to serve as an invited speaker in the PLOS '17 program.
- Sep 14, 2017
- List of accepted papers online at https://ess.cs.uos.de/workshops/plos/2017/program.php..
- Sep. 8, 2017
- Deadlines approaching! Don't forget to register for SOSP by Sep. 11. Authors must submit their camera-ready paper by Sep. 30 (instructions will be mailed).
- Sep 8, 2017
- Registration open at https://www.sigops.org/sosp/sosp17/reg.html. Early registration deadline Sep. 11, 2017.
- August 19, 2017
- Deadline extension until August 22nd!
- May 9, 2017
- Call for papers online (PDF: ). Submission deadline is August 18th.
- May 1, 2017
- Preliminary workshop website went online.