12th Workshop on Programming Languages and Operating Systems (PLOS 2023)
In conjunction with the
29th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '23)
Historically, operating system (OS) development and programming language (PL) development went hand-in-hand. Cross-fertilization was the norm. Challenges in one area were often approached using ideas or techniques developed in the other, and advances in one enabled new capabilities in both. Today, although the systems community at large retains an iron grip on C, modern PL ideas continue to spark innovations in OS design and construction. Conversely, the systems field continues to provide a wealth of challenging problems and practical results that should spark advances in PLs, software designs, and idioms.
This workshop will bring together researchers and developers from the PL and OS domains to discuss recent work at the intersection of these fields. It will be a venue for discussing new visions, challenges, experiences, problems, and solutions arising from the application of advanced programming and software engineering concepts to OSes construction, and vice versa.
Venue and Registration
- Sep 12, 2023
- The list of accepted papers is online at our program page.
- Aug 1, 2023
- Registration is open at https://sosp2023.mpi-sws.org/reg.html. The early registration deadline is Aug 15.
- Jun 9, 2023
- Paper submission enabled.
- Apr 15, 2023
- The call for papers is online (PDF: ). The submission deadline is Aug 4.
- Mar 31, 2023
- The preliminary workshop website is online.